POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : should be normal weighted ? : Re: should be normal weighted ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should be normal weighted ?
From: Josh English
Date: 4 Dec 2000 13:20:49
Message: <3A2BE07B.9EE186F8@spiritone.com>
Using Warps read me file for his mesh smoother, I find that normalizing
the normal vectors of each triangle, then averaging them, works the
best. Of course, if you are using the vcross command to find your
normals, remember that the length of the resultant vector has a length
of the dot product, which will be at it's maximum when the vectors are
orthogonal (ie, 90 degrees apart).

Since this doens't make a lot of sence, I'll try to have a few pictures
for you soon.

Josh

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac